Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Father says his son saved the life of his own rapist

I'm sure by now you've all heard about the Florida father that walked in on an 18 year old sexually assaulting his son and battered the man until he looked like Rihanna after the Chris Brown incident. Not only will the father not face any charges, but the father says the only reason he didn't kill the guy was because his son stopped him. CNN reports:

A Volusia County father who beat up his son's alleged rapist has been hailed as a hero by many, but he says his son is the one who is a true hero.

The father, who did not want to be identified, beat the suspect, 18-year-old Raymond Frolander, and knocked him out.

He then called police.

"My immediate feeling was to kill him, so he will never hurt anyone again," the father said.

The father believes Frolander's bloody and bruised face is getting too much publicity. He said he doesn't regret his reaction, but he isn't bragging about it either. He is, however, bragging about his son.

"My son saved Raymond. Raymond was motionless on our floor. I went to the kitchen to grab a butcher knife and my son stopped me. My son came in front of me and saved his attacker's life," said the father.

The father says he treated Frolander like one of his own and says police reports that Frolander was abusing the boy for the last three years are wrong.

He claims there was an attempt three years ago, but then Frolander left town and only recently returned.

The victim never told anyone about the attempt, so the father knew nothing until he walked in on an alleged sexual battery.

Dispatcher: You said the person who assaulted, you beat him up?
Caller: Oh yeah, send him an ambulance. He's going to need one.


The beating was brutal, but not life-threatening, and the father says that's because of his 11-year-old who he thinks forgives Frolander.

"I think he must have because of, he saved his life," said the father.

"You don't forgive Raymond, but your son does?" WESH 2's Claire Metz asked."It's going to be a long time before I ever forgive that, if I can," said the father.

Frolander remains in jail without bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment