Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dee-1 signs to RCA Inspiration

It makes me feel good when an artist that has been featured on The Urban Advocate go on to do big things. Salute to the 2011 TUA Honors Recording Artist of the Year, Dee-1 who has just signed to RCA Inspiration.

Underground star turned viral success story, rapper Dee-1 has inked a deal with RCA Inspiration, the label announced today. A New Orleans native, Dee-1 burst onto the national scene with the mix tape "I Hope They Hear Me Vol 2", which featured the wildly popular single "Jay, 50, Weezy". The record proved to be a viral juggernaut spawning a YouTube video that to-date has over 600,000 total views, spins on MTV Jams and radio airplay.

"We are truly excited about Dee-1 joining the RCA Inspiration family," says General Manager, Geo Bivins. "In the current marketplace, where people are listening much closer to artists and seeking music that is authentic with a 'real' message, we believe Dee-1's music will resonate with today's diverse Hip Hop and Inspirational music consumers and beyond."

"Signing with RCA is a life-changing partnership that I'm excited to be a part of. I know we're about to make history together so I'm motivated to work harder than ever. Coming from New Orleans, I realize that my success is bigger than me. It's a symbol of hope for others who want to chase their dreams and make a difference in life. So I'm going to make sure that together we all win. #MissionVision," said Dee-1.

Dee-1 is currently in the studio working on his new album, due in 2014 under the RCA Inspiration imprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment