Thursday, January 17, 2013

Vincent "Heartbreak" Tucker is set to host the MLK Parade & Festival

Vincent “Heartbreak” Tucker, rising multi-faceted entertainer, humanitarian and host of the award-winning & syndicated broadcast The Vincent Tucker Radio Show (airs LIVE Saturday mornings at 9:00 am CST on Fishbowl Radio Network / www.fbrn.us) will host the performance showcase during the 27th Annual Elite New Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Parade and Festival in Dallas this Monday, January 21. 


“I’m completely ecstatic and floored that I get to participate and be a part of a historic tradition in Dallas honoring the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,” states Vincent “Heartbreak” Tucker. “I used to live in the Fair Park for a portion of my youth so for me to return to the area and be a part of event that I used to enjoy as kid means so much to me as I’m in my 20’s now. I’ll be sure to make Elite News, The Blair Family and Fair Park area residents proud.” 
The Annual Elite News Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade and Festival is a 27 year old historical community celebration founded on tradition, heritage and commitment. With more than 250,000 annual attendees, the parade ranks as one of the Top 5 celebrations commemorating Dr. King in the country. 

This year’s parade include an opening performance by Dallas Black Dance Theatre II, NFL Hall of Fame Legend Earl Campbell, Prairie View A&M Marching Storm Band, the mighty Callaway High School Marching Band of Jackson, Mississippi, Ronald McDonald, comedian Earthquake, actress KiKi Shepard and many more. The festival in Fair Park's Tower Building will feature a health fair, a gospel concert, poetry and storytelling performances, a fashion show, children's activities, vendor booths and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment