Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Brian McKnight raunchy song causes some backlash


Remember back in the day when Brian McKnight's songs were some of the most romantic songs on the radio? Well, now he has one of the most raunchiest songs on the internet. And it's causing quite a bit of backlash. MTV.com reports:

Brian McKnight is ready to get a little adventurous with his fans through new music on an adult mixtape, but so far his fans seemed to be undecided and about whether or not they’re willing to take the journey with him. On Monday the R&B singer--known for his hits like “Anytime” and “Back At One"--posted a preview of a racy new song called “If You’re Ready to Learn." While some fans were feeling the track, many had negative thing to say on Twitter.

In a YouTube clip explaining why he was attempting to release an adult mixtape, McKnight told fans that he was hoping to explore new territory. “There’s lots of conversations I’ve had with men, lots of conversation I’ve had with women, just about other sexual type thhings that I’d like to tackle,” he said. “So I’m in the middle of writing that song and I’m gonna give you a preview.”

“If You’re Ready to Learn” didn’t leave much to the imagination with McKnight crooning, "Let me show you how your p---- works, since you didn't bring it to me first/I have lots of things to show you if you’re ready to learn. Let me show you how your p---- works, bet you didn’t know that it could squirt. I have lots of things to show you if you’re ready to learn.”

The backlash prompted McKnight to pull the video from his pages, but it's already made the rounds. On Tuesday he continued the back-and-forth with his fans on Twitter, deciding whether he should re-post the video.

@ItsBMcKnight I'll let u all decide should I put it bac up or not some of u have said some awfully hateful things
@ItsBMcKnight It's funny how we listen and let our kids listen to songs about killing people and selling drugs and calling women bitches
@ItsBMcKnight I wrote this song crude as it may be about satisfying all women and look what happened

Here's the video for you to decide:


What a far-cry from this:

No comments:

Post a Comment