Tuesday, April 17, 2012

E-40 talks about his run in with Notorious B.I.G.

I love hearing stories from back in the day that I had never heard before. Things that went on behind the scenes that never made it to the media. Here's another one. Apparently E-40 had a little situation with Biggie back in the day. BallerStatus.com reports:

In the 2007 DVD, "Notorious B.I.G.: Bigger than Life," B.I.G.'s former manager Larry Burns detailed an incident in the '90s when he and the rapper ran into some problems while doing a show in Sacramento.

According to the DVD, Biggie had previously said, publicly, that he wasn't feeling rapper E-40 and/or his music, rating him a "0" on a 1 to 10 scale.

Well, during a reenactment in the film, Burns detailed a night when he and Biggie almost didn't make it out of the city alive, simply because of his statements toward the Bay Area legend.

In a recent interview with Rude Jude and Lord Sear's Sirius/XM show, The All Out Show, E-40 was asked about the situation, where he explained that he gave B.I.G. "a pass" that night.

"Biggie, back in the days, had said something in a magazine in Canada. He was talking about Spice 1. From a scale of 1-10, he would say, 'Spice 1 [is] a 2. E-40 [is] a 0. I hate that dude.' Like, what? Bruh, you ain't ever even met me. Why you hate me?" 40 said in the radio interview, according to HipHopDX.com.

"The way it went down, he came down to Sacramento and just put it this way, I gave him a pass. We talked and after that some things went down. I gave him a pass."

Here's Larry Burns' side of the incident:

No comments:

Post a Comment